If you have been missing post from me the last couple of weeks, sorry for the sudden MIA. I decided to take some much needed time with friends and family as well as time to work on things around my home. I also found this a great time for some self reflection and healing.
It’s been a really crazy year in many ways, with many highs, and unfortunately many more lows. We can all sit around and wallow in the misery of 2016 or we can do something about it. The world needs healing, and that can only happen if we work together and make plans with positive intent.
I am not really much for New Years resolutions, I think they are statements of grandeur that no one is ever able to live up to and leave you feeling like a failure, so I won’t be making any of those. What I do like are attainable goals, and I thought I would spend some time in this post sharing some of my personal goals for the year as well as goals for the blog. I will also be sharing some various itinerary going on for the blog and my various social media outlets.
First let me talk about my own personal goals because I think that may be what some of you can relate to more.
- I want to work harder to find a sleep schedule that works for me. (I have suffered from Chronic Insomnia since I was very young and as I have aged it really makes a difference in how my other health issues do)
- I want to work on creating a household budget.
- I would like to get at least two bills completely paid off this year. (bills the bane of everyone’s existence, they ruin all the fun.)
- I want to finish getting my house rearranged and organized by the end of the year. (I would prefer mid year, but I would be happy with end of year)
As far as the blog and my various social media, I am happy with the direction I have been going. And everyone’s comments and continued support seems to say that you all think so to. I can happily say I met all my goals except one this past year, so I am also happy with that. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t have bigger and better goals for the year ahead, and if you are here reading this now I am so glad you are here wanting to grow with me.
Since I have done my best to stay transparent with all of you about what is going on with the blog the past few years I wanted to continue that. Here are the goals for the blog and my social media for this year.
- I would like to get at least two paid post this year. (I had my very first one last year, and managed to keep it within the scope of things I like and use. I am confident I can continue with that)
- I would like to see at least 100 visitors a day to the blog by the end of the year. (I currently have about 50 on average)
- I would like to see more comments and participation from you my readers. (I currently only get consistent commenting on giveaways, but I really love talking to you.)
- I would like to have 1200 Instagram followers at least. (Currently I have just a little over 500. I could easily have more now if I wanted to trade out like for like, but I want followers who actually want to follow me and like what I produce. Its quality over quantity that is important to me.)
- I would like to double my Twitter following by the end of the year. (I currently have around 180 followers. I’m just not as active on there as I am on other social media.)
- I would like to fit 1,000 followers on Facebook. (I think I am at like 830 at the moment)
- I would like to see my shares on Facebook increase. I don’t have a tangible number in place here.
I think that sums up my major goals for the blog and social media. If I do more than this, I will be ecstatic, but if I just hit these goals I will be happy.
Here are some things coming up soon that you don’t want to miss.
- For the month of January I have challenged myself and a few others to staying on top of skin care. It’s a sheet mask challenge on Instagram. Every day of January I will be using a different sheet mask, no repeats. And I will be posting pictures along with info on what I used and where you can get it on Instagram. You can find mine in my feed or look for anyone that chose to do it by searching the hashtag #newyearnewskin All are welcome to participate that want to. Just remember to tag your pictures with the hashtag.
- As I have the last couple of years I will be attending the International Steampunk Symposium. The dates for this years event is April 28 -30. If you go please don’t be afraid to say hello, just don’t come over and put your hands on me without introducing yourself. Yes I have had that happen.
- All Dress April – I do plan on participating in that again, both on Instagram and here on the blog. If you don’t know what All Dress April is, you can search my previous blog posts and it will show you post from last year.
Those are the things I know for sure that are coming up outside of just the average blog post this year. I will try and update you of any new events as they arise.
Tell me in the comments below either something good that happened to you this year or a goal you have for making next year better.
Also please let me know if there are any specific challenges you would like me to participate in, products you want me to review, or topics you want me to cover in a blog post. While I can’t promise till I hear your ideas, I will consider all requests.